Sunday, August 5, 2012

BUSY,BUSY,BUSY

I love my dad.  Because of my dad, I can see one of my teachers during the summer (he is working on my 3rd grade teacher's house).  I can work with him and even though it's hard, I learn a lot.  Plus, I can get paid now.  Thursday was the first day I earned my own money working with him.


I love my nana.  On Saturday, Westport had its annual festival.  Nana volunteers at the Heritage House and does A LOT for the festival.  Because of her, I ran the 5K Fun Run .  I'm happy because I was in the top ten. There's confusion about how I placed, some say 4th while others say 7th.  Either way, I'm proud to be in the top ten.  My time was 25:15, not my best time, but I feel good about it.

After the race, I went to Nana and Papa's to shower and get dressed.  Yes, I was dressed for the race, but not in nice clothes.  Then, I participated in the Open Mic.  One more thing...besides sitting on the hill listening to good music, I spent my afternoon ambushing some of Nana and Papa's friends/relatives with the marshmallow shooter my parents bought me from one of the vendors in Ballard Park.

What did Holden learn?

It's normal to be nervous before a race.

What would Holden do?

Go out strong.  Maintain your pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment